Course: Soups, Stews and Chili
Products: Food Processors
- 1/4 of medium red onion
- 1 package (.66 oz.) fresh basil, leaves only
- 1 hot pepper (jalapeno or finger hot), stem removed
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 pounds tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 yellow pepper, seeded, cut into quarters
- 1 cup tomato juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crackled black pepper
- Using S-blade and with processor running, drop onion, basil, jalenpeno and garlic through the food chute and chop until finely minced. Scrape bowl as needed. Stop processor.
- Add tomatoes, cucumber, yellow pepper. Pulse until desired texture is reached, scraping bowl as needed.
- Pour into large bowl. Stir in tomato juice, vinegar, olive oil, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper until well blended.
- Cover and refrigerate several hours or overnight.