Course: Desserts, Kid Friendly
Products: Deep Fryers
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1 Tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 2 large apples, peeled, cored and chopped
- 1/2 cup confectioners sugar for dusting
- In a medium bowl, mix together flour, sugar, baking powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat together eggs and milk. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until smooth. Fold in apples.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Using a small scoop (about 2 Tablespoons), carefully drop about 6 fritters at a time into the preheated oil. Cook 3 to 4 minutes. Turn for even browning on both sides.
- Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners sugar. Serve warm.