Baby Back Barbecue Ribs
Course: Main Course
Products: Outdoor Gas Grills
- Wood chips, soaked in water at least 1 hour
- 2 sheets (18x24-inches each) 18-inch wide heavy duty aluminum foil
- 1 rack baby back pork ribs (about 3 pounds), cut in half
- 1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups barbecue sauce
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM heat or GRILL ZONE (ORANGE).
- Center half of ribs in single layer on each sheet of aluminum foil. Combine brown sugar and seasonings; rub over ribs, turning to coat evenly.
- Bring up foil sides. Double fold top and one end to seal packet. Through open end, add 1/4 cup water. Double fold remaining end, leaving room for heat circulation inside. Repeat to make two packets.
- Place rib packets in covered grill and grill 45 minutes. Remove ribs from grill and open foil.
- To start SmokeStationtm: Drain wood chips; fill SmokeStation drawer about ½ full. Turn SmokeStation burner to LOW. Turn burners beside SmokeStation to MEDIUM. Turn remaining 2 burners to LOW.
- Place ribs on grill grate over burners that are LOW. BRUSH ribs with barbecue sauce. CONTINUE GRILLING 15 to 20 minutes, brushing with sauce and turning frequently.
- Add wet wood chips as needed on top of wood chips to keep smoke going without flames or use a spray bottle of water set on the stream setting to wet wood chips.
Number of Servings: 5 to 6