Beef Stew with Red Wine
Course: Soups, Stews and Chili, Main Course
Products: Slow Cookers
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 lbs. beef stew cubes
- 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes, cut into pieces
- 1 can (14.5 oz.) beef broth
- 3/4 cup red wine
- 2 packets onion soup mix
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 8 small red potatoes
- 1 bag (16 oz.) carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 package (8 oz.) sliced mushrooms
- 1 large onion, cut into eighths
- Stir flour, salt and pepper in large bowl; add beef. Toss to coat.
- Heat oil in slow cooker stovetop-safe cookware or large skillet over medium-high heat; add half of the beef. Cook until browned on all sides. Repeat with remaining beef.
- Place stovetop-safe cookware in base or place browned beef in cookware. Stir in tomatoes, beef broth, wine, onion soup mix and basil until well blended.
- Add potatoes, carrots, onion and mushrooms.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 6 hours or LOW 12 hours until meat is tender. Stir before serving.