Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. is a leading designer, marketer, and distributor of small household and commercial appliances headquartered just outside of Richmond, Virginia. We have a culture of team work and ethical behavior. We roll up our sleeves and work hard to design and develop products that have been pleasing customers for more than a century. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Project Engineering opportunity to work with some of the best product teams in our industry. HBB’s product teams are responsible for developing innovative products from ideation through to launch of the product.
Responsibilities of the Sr. Project Engineer include:
• Overall design, safety, reliability, and market competitiveness of small kitchen appliances
• Application of existing, new, and emerging technologies in new product development
• Solving design problems, providing technical expertise, and developing product performance and test specifications
• Managing new product development projects against specific timelines
• Working directly with Chinese suppliers
• Some international travel
• A BSME or BSEE is required
• At least 10 years of experience successfully developing consumer products, preferably household appliances
• Must possess strong working knowledge of mechanical and electrical principles
• Must be experienced and knowledgeable with various manufacturing processes, plastic part design, metal stamping design, die-casting, and assembly methods
• Must have a demonstrated history of new product development
• Must be proficient with CAD modeling (Solidworks is desirable)
• Must have strong analytical skills to solve a variety of design, performance, manufacturing, and quality issues
• Most possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will have demonstrated an above average ability to participate in a team environment, along with the ability to manage multiple projects at once. Experience dealing with Asian suppliers is beneficial.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package in a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. We do not consider candidates who use tobacco products. Military Veterans, minorities and females are encouraged to apply. No third party recruiters please.
Please apply at: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=11883272