We are seeking qualified candidates for a Senior Electrical Engineer at our Corporate Headquarters in Glen Allen, Virginia. The focus of this position will be on design, development, safety, reliability and market competitiveness of electronic controls used in kitchen appliances in household and commercial environments.
Duties of the position include:
- Solve design problems, providing technical expertise
- Solve product performance issues including product specs, technical documentation, printed wiring board layout files, schematics, and bills of materials
- Validate requirements and quality specifications for inspection and testing of manufactured electronic products based on engineering, consumer, and regulatory agency standards
- Domestic and international travel may be required
Basic requirements of the position include:
- A BSEE and a minimum of 5 years developing electronic control systems used in consumer products
- Broad based knowledge of analog and digital electronic hardware design; microprocessor and microcontroller systems including software design, simulation and emulation techniques, electronic assembly and manufacturing process development; electronic component vendor base; and emerging electronic technologies
- Must possess broad knowledge in circuit analysis and design; Electrical and Mechanical Engineering Principles; consumer product development processes; project management systems; quality control systems; and fundamental manufacturing processes including electronic PCB’s, injection molding, stamping, and casting
- Proven ability to communicate complex technical details to suppliers and overseas engineering staff in Asia; ability adapt and thrive in a team based culture of shared responsibilities along with the skills to work independently and achieve goals
- Demonstrated abilities to manage multiple projects concurrently and have an above average ability to participate in a team environment
- Proficiency with MS Office, Electronic Design Automation software, and Solidworks
No third party recruiters please.