Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. is a leading designer, marketer, and distributor of small household and commercial appliances. We have a culture of team work and ethical behavior. We roll up our sleeves and work hard to design, develop, and distribute products that have been pleasing customers for more than a century. We are currently seeking qualified candidates for a Second Shift Operations Supervisor at our Olive Branch, Mississippi Distribution Center.
THIS IS A 2nd SHIFT POSITON. The hours are typically 3:30pm – 12:30am, however our 2nd shift team may work until 2:30am during peak season.
Responsibilities of our Operations Supervisor include:
- Conduct daily start up communication meetings with associates
- Ensure production standards are maintained
- Assign daily work assignments based on work load and customer orders
- Coordinate daily pickup of customer orders and delivery of containers with new product with freight companies for outbound shipments
- Perform tracking and the receipt of containerized freight, put away, and replenishment for inbound shipments
- Maintain inventory integrity
- Manage a team of full-time and temporary workers during the work shift
- Plan labor to meet business demands
- Ensure adherence to all policies and procedures, including safety policies and procedures
- Administer coaching and counseling as approved by Distribution Director and HR Manager
- Other duties as assigned by Distribution Management Team
- HS Diploma is required; a college education is preferred
- 1-2 years of leadership/supervisory experience is required; 5 years of supervisory experience in a Big Box Distribution Center is preferred
- Must be familiar with logistic methodology regarding traffic/carriers/loads
- Proven basic computer skills to include MSOffice Suite; experience working with a warehouse management system is desirable
- Must have strong skills in handling high volume product movement
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and work in a demanding environment
- Must possess effective written and verbal communication skills
The successful candidate will have demonstrated an above average ability to participate in a team environment, along with the ability to display professionalism and flexibility at all times. This position interacts with management, vendors, and associates.
We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits package in a tobacco-free and drug-free work environment. Military Veterans, minorities, females, and those with disabilities are encouraged to apply. No third party recruiters please.
Click here to apply: https://home2.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=12069542