Course: Main Course
Products: Food Processors
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Food Processors
- 2 pounds boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1-inch piece of ginger root, peeled
- 1 bunch green onions, roots trimmed
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 3/4 cup chicken stock or broth
- 1/4 cup pineapple juice
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 cup roasted cashews
- 1 can (8 oz.) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- Cooked rice
- Using S-blade, place chicken in bowl. Pulse until chicken is very coarsely chopped. Remove chicken and set aside.
- Place garlic and ginger in work bowl and pulse until minced. Add green onions, white part and 2-inches of green top, and pulse until chopped.
- Heat oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add the chopped vegetables and chicken to the skillet. Stir and cook about 7 minutes, or until chicken is done. Use a slotted spoon to remove chicken and vegetables.
- Sprinkle flour into skillet. Stir and cook until just beginning to turn brown, about 1 minute. Add chicken broth, pineapple juice, soy sauce, and mustard. Stirring frequently, bring to a boil and cook until thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Return chicken/vegetables to skillet, add cashews and water chestnuts. Heat through. Serve over rice.