Chicken Fajitas with Grilled Peppers and Onions
Course: Main Course, Kid Friendly
Products: Outdoor Gas Grills
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Outdoor Grills
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon onion salt
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 1/2 pounds boneless chicken tenders
- 2 red bell pepper, halved, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 green bell pepper, halved, seeded and cut into strips
- 1 large onion, quartered
- 6 flour tortillas
- Stir olive oil, red wine vinegar, oregano, onion salt, cumin, pepper and garlic in a medium bowl.
- Place chicken in a glass baking dish. Pour marinade over chicken, cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or overnight.
- Place culinary basket on holders on grill.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat or GRILL ZONE (ORANGE).
- Drain chicken breasts; discard marinade.
- Place red pepper, green pepper and onion in basket.
- Grill peppers and onions 5 to 7 minutes; stirring occasionally until crisp/tender.
- Grill chicken strips covered 2 to 3 minutes on each side, until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink. Let chicken rest for several minutes.
- Serve chicken strips, grilled peppers and onions with flour tortillas.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 1/6 of recipe) • Calories: 225 • Total Fat: 6.25g • Saturated: 2.06g • Cholesterol: 0mg • Sodium: 853mg • Carbohydrates: 38.6g • Dietary Fiber: 2.43g • Sugars: 3g • Protein: 6g