Course: Appetizers, Kid Friendly, Main Course
Products: Deep Fryers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Deep Fryer
- 3 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into
- 1/2 inch strips
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Place chicken strips into a large, resealable plastic bag. In a small bowl, mix the egg, buttermilk and garlic powder. Pour mixture into bag with chicken, seal and gently shake to coat. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or over night.
- In another large, resealable plastic bag, mix together the flour, bread crumbs, salt, paprika, pepper and baking powder. Remove chicken from refrigerator, and drain. Place chicken in flour mixture bag. Seal, and gently shake to coat.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Place 1 layer of breaded chicken strips into the fryer basket and carefully lower basket into the preheated oil. Fry until golden brown and juices run clear (2 to 3 minutes). Drain on paper towels.