Products: Deep Fryers
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 Tablespoon shortening, melted
- 1 can(12-ounce)whole kernel corn, drained
- Confectioners sugar (optional)
- In a medium bowl, combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar. Beat together egg, milk, and melted shortening; stir into flour mixture. Add corn; stir to mix.
- Remove basket from fryer and heat oil to 375°F.
- Use a small ice cream scoop or a teaspoon to carefully drop batter into preheated oil. Cook 8 to 10 at a time. Turn for even browning on both sides.
- Cook for 3 to 4 minutes or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels and dust with confectioners sugar, if desired. Serve warm.