The adapter: The purpose of the adapter is to adapt the appliance with the correct plug to fit the foreign wall outlet, and for that reason, it can only be used with products that have dual voltage (120 & 220 volts). The adapter is for short-term use only (5 minutes at a time).
To use the adapter:
- Flip the appliance to the correct voltage (120 or 220)
- Find the correct adapter plug for that country
- Plug the appliance into the adapter
- Plug the adapter into the outlet, ready for short term use
The converter: The purpose of the converter is to convert 120 volts up to 220 volts, for that reason the converter can only be used on 120 volt appliances only, it will not convert a 220 volt appliance down to 120 volt. The converter is for short term use only (5 minutes at a time).
To use the converter:
First, check to see if the converter will plug into the wall outlet.
- If it will:
- Plug the appliance into the converter
- Plug the converter into the wall outlet, ready for use.
- If the converter will not plug into the wall outlet:
- Find the correct adapter
- Plug the adapter into the wall outlet
- Plug the converter into the adapter
- Plug the appliance into the converter, ready for short-term use.