Course: Kid Friendly, Main Course
Products: Deep Fryers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Deep Fryer
- 1 (4-pound) whole chicken cut into
- 8 pieces
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour, paprika, poultry seasoning, salt and pepper. Wash chicken and place 2 to 3 pieces to the flour mixture. Shake bag gently to coat chicken, remove from bag and let set for 10 minutes.
- Heat oil to 375°F. Place 1 layer of chicken into the fryer basket and carefully lower basket into the preheated oil. Fry until meat thermometer has reached an internal temperature of 180°F and breading is golden brown (about 20 minutes). Drain on paper towels.