Friendly Lion Cupcakes
Products: Hand Mixers
- 1 1/3 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 4 Tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- Vanilla (White) Buttercream Frosting
- Chocolate Frosting
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin pans with baking cups.
- Sift flour, unsweetened cocoa, baking soda, baking powder and salt. Set mixture aside.
- Beat butter, sugar and vanilla extract in large bowl until combined. Add eggs, one at a time, until well blended.
- Alternately add flour mixture and milk until combined.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool on wire rack.
- Tint 1/2 cup of Vanilla (White) Buttercream Frosting pink. Tint remaining frosting yellow.
- Frost cupcakes with yellow frosting. Use a small round decorating tip to make nose and ears. Add inner ears and bottom of nose with pink frosting.
- Use a small round decorating tip and Chocolate Frosting to create the facial features.
- Use a leaf decorating tip to create the furry mane.