Gluten-Free Whole-Grain Bread for 1.5-lb. Loaf Breadmaker
Products: Bread Makers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Breadmakers
- 2 cups hot water (150°F)
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 2 cups brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1/2 cup garbanzo bean flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sea salt
- 4 1/2 teaspoons xanthan gum
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons nondairy dreamer
- 2 1/4 teaspoons yeast, active dry
This gluten-free recipe is over 50% whole grain using brown rice flour.
1. In a bowl, whisk together the hot water, eggs, vinegar, and oil. Place the
liquid ingredients in the bread pan.
2. In a separate bowl, stir together rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, garbanzo bean flour, sea salt, xanthan gum, nondairy creamer, and sugar.
3. Pour the dry ingredients on top of the liquid.
4. Make a small well on the top middle of the dry ingredients and add the yeast.
5. Process on the Gluten-Free bread cycle. Let cool for 10 minutes before slicing with a bread knife.
Recipe Courtesy of Bob’s Red Mill Natural Foods, copyright 2010.