Grilled Chicken with Basil Pesto
Course: Main Course
Products: Indoor Grills, Outdoor Gas Grills
- 2 large (8 oz. each) boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, rinsed and patted dry, tenderloins removed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup Traditional Basil Pesto
- Slice each chicken breast horizontally to form 4 thin chicken filets.
- Drizzle chicken with lime juice and sprinkle with salt and pepper; let stand 10 to 15 minutes.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat or GRILL ZONE (ORANGE).
- Oil grill grates with vegetable oil to prevent sticking.
- Brush chicken with olive oil; place on grill.
- Grill 1 1/2 minutes or until grill marks form.
- Using tongs, rotate chicken 90° to make crosshatch grill marks. Grill 1 1/2 minutes or until second grill marks form.
- Turn chicken. Grill 2 minutes longer or until chicken is cooked through and registers 165°F with an instant read thermometer.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Traditional Basil Pesto over chicken and serve.