Grilled Clams in White Wine Sauce
Products: Outdoor Gas Grills
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Outdoor Grills
- Wood chips
- 3 pounds hard shell clams, scrubbed and rinsed
- 1 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup sliced leeks
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 loaf crusty bread
- Soak wood chips in water at least 1 hour.
- Drain wood chips; place in SmokeStation™ drawer.
- Place culinary baskets and tray on holders on grill.
- Preheat grill, baskets and tray on MEDIUM-HIGH heat or GRILL ZONE (ORANGE). Set SmokeStation burner on LOW.
- Add white wine, leeks, parsley, butter, black pepper and garlic to culinary tray. Heat, stirring occasionally.
- Place clams in culinary basket. Grill 20 minutes in covered grill, until shells open. Remove clams as they open to a large serving bowl.
- Pour white wine sauce over clams; serve with crusty bread.