Hearty Beef Chili
Course: Main Course, Soups, Stews and Chili
Products: Slow Cookers
- 3/4 pound boneless beef chuck roast, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/2 pound sweet Italian sausage, casing removed
- 2/3 cup onion, chopped
- 1/3 cup green pepper, chopped
- 2 teaspoons garlic, minced
- 2 Tablespoons canned chopped green chilies
- 1 can (28 oz.) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
- 1 can (14 oz.) kidney beans, drained
- 1 can (14 oz.) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 1/2 cups chicken broth
- 2 Tablespoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In large skillet over medium-high heat, brown beef and sausage.
- Add onion, green pepper and garlic; stir until onions are tender.
- Drain; add to crock.
- Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or on LOW 8 to 10 hours.
Test Kitchen Tip: To use dry beans, soak and cook according to package directions. Use 1½ cups beans for each can of beans specified in recipe.