Honey Mustard Glazed Pork Tenderloin
Course: Main Course, Heart Healthy
Products: Food Processors
- 2 pounds boneless pork tenderloin
- Freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/3 cup Dijon mustard
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 2 medium onions, sliced in food processor
- 2 Granny Smith apples, cored, sliced in food processor
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh parsley, chopped
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Sprinkle pork with pepper. Place in roasting pan.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Whisk together honey, Dijon mustard, and brown sugar. Reserve about 1/3 of the mixture for drizzling before serving.
- Pour half of remaining honey mustard mixture over pork and continue roasting 30 to 35 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°F. Baste pork with honey mustard mixture several times during second half of roasting.
- Heat olive oil in large pan over medium heat. Add sliced onions and do not stir for approximately 5 minutes. Toss onion and then do not stir for another 5 minutes. Add apple slices and toss together with onions. Cook for 3 to 5 minutes longer, or until apples become tender and mixture is caramel colored. Stir in apple juice and salt. Cook 1 to 2 minutes or until mixture is heated.
- Serve sliced pork tenderloin with caramelized onions and apples. Drizzle with reserved honey mustard glaze and garnish with chopped parsley.