- Yields up to 24% more apple juice than a leading competitor
- 800 watts of peak power extracts juice from toughest of produce
- Extra-wide 3” feed chute fits whole fruits & vegetables, reducing prep time
- Stainless steel cutter/strainer juices quickly
- High juice spout funnels juice directly into a variety of glass or container sizes
- Extra-large pulp bin provides for continuous juicing – no need to stop midway through juicing to empty the pulp bin
- Designed for easy assembly, handling, operating and storage
- Removable plastic parts are dishwasher safe
- Cleaning brush with micro-soft bristles provides easy strainer basket cleaning
- Rated “Best Buy” by a leading consumer advocacy publication
- Backed by a 1-year warranty
Part of a Healthy Lifestyle*
Did you know that “The benefits of eating fruits and vegetables daily are undeniable. People who eat more fruits and vegetables as part of an overall diet, are likely to have a reduced risk of some chronic diseases, including heart attack and stroke, certain cancers, heart disease, obesity, and type 2 diabetes. It’s also been proven to reduce the risk of developing kidney stones, decrease bone loss, ease muscle aches, alleviate high blood pressure and add years to your life.”
* Source: USDA, 2012 “Healthy Eating on a Budget.” www.choosemyplate.gov
A glass of fresh, natural juice is an excellent, healthy way to begin your day or inject some serious energy into a lazy afternoon. With the Big Mouth® Juice Extractor, healthy living is now easier, more convenient and more affordable. Designed and engineered for health-conscious people who want greater variety in their juicing routine, it can turn your whole fruits and vegetables into smooth juice form, while still keeping in all the nutrient-rich flavors your body needs. In just one 6 to 10-oz. serving (175-300 ml), one cycle of the Big Mouth® Juice Extractor can fulfill the recommended daily value of Vitamin A and D, calcium, potassium, protein and fiber.
Variety is Key
In addition to its speed and durability, the Big Mouth® Juice Extractor comes with healthy recipes and suggestions for adding more vegetables to your day and “smart shopping” for the flavor and the season. Try out one of these healthy, delicious recipes to taste the difference in freshness:
- 4 medium kale leaves
- 2 medium carrots, trimmed
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves
- 1 Granny Smith apple, quartered
- 1/2 lemon, peeled
- 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- Juice all ingredients in order listed.
- Stir well and serve.
Makes: 2 servings
SPICY VEGGIE DELIGHT
- 2 broccoli flowerets with stalk
- 1/4 green pepper
- 1 carrot
- 1 celery stalk
- 1 tomato
- Hot pepper sauce to taste
- Juice all vegetables in order listed.
- Add hot pepper sauce to taste.
- Stir well and serve.
Makes: 1 serving
Not sure what to do with the leftover pulp? The leftover pulp is mostly fiber and cellulose, which like the juice, contains necessary vital nutrients for the daily diet. Any leftover pulp can be used in a variety of recipes, frothy drinks, casseroles or soups, as well as for garden composting.
Thirsty for something other than juice? The Big Mouth® Juice Extractor can help children, teens and adults get their daily vitamin intake with the option of making soy, almond or rice milk. To start, soak one cup of soybeans, almonds or rice in four cups of water for 24 to 48 hours in the refrigerator, and then slowly pour one cup into the food chute. The liquid extracted from the soaked mixture is “milk.” For enhanced milk flavor, consider adding vanilla or honey.
Easy Cleaning, More Enjoying
Ease of cleaning is particularly important, because as with any small kitchen appliance, you will naturally use it more frequently if you can anticipate a hassle-free cleanup. With the Big Mouth® Juice Extractor, it's easy to assemble and disassemble when preparing to juice or putting away. All parts—except for the motor base—are dishwasher safe. Here are some more easy-to-follow tips for effortless cleanup:
- Place a plastic grocery bag in the pulp bin container to collect the pulp and once juicing is complete, simply discard.
- When you’re done juicing, pass the strainer basket under running water and brush off excess fiber buildup or pulp with included cleaning brush.
TIPS & CARE
Some extractors yield more juice than others, and the proportion of pulp to juice varies from fruit to fruit. Most fruits and vegetables such as apples, carrots and cucumbers will not need to be pre-cut into smaller pieces since they are likely to fit into the extra-wide feed chute. However, it is recommended that oranges, pineapples, melons and mangoes be peeled before placing in the unit to minimize impact on juice flavor. Also, all fruits with pits and large seeds, such as nectarines, peaches, apricots, plums and cherries MUST be pitted before juicing. To extract the maximum amount of juice every time, gently guide food down the feed chute slowly so that juice doesn’t spray out of the spout. Do not allow pulp container to overfill, as this may prevent correct operation or damage to the unit.
Dimensions (inches): 14.41 H x 7.8 W x 11.46 D