Macaroni and Cheese for 20-Cup Rice Cooker
Course: Side Dishes
Products: Rice Cookers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Rice Cookers
- 1 box elbow macaroni (1-lb. box)
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/3 cups half and half (regular half and half)
- 1/2 cup fat-free half and half
- 1/2 cup milk (any kind—whole, skim, etc.)
- 2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
1. Place all ingredients into the cooking pot and stir lightly to combine
using a nonstick spoon (not metal, it will scratch the cooking pot).
2. Set Simplicity Cooker: Boil/Simmer: 7 minutes.
3. Once the unit switches to Warm, let mixture sit for approximately
10 minutes; then stir and let sit for another 5–10 minutes. The liquid will continue to absorb over time.
4. Stir and serve.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: Experiment with a variety of different cheeses in place of cheddar. Try white or sharp cheddar; try a Mexican blend, or an Italian blend for more interesting mac and cheese!
This recipe developed by Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc.