Marinated Vegetable Kabobs
Course: Main Course, Side Dishes
Products: Indoor Grills, Outdoor Gas Grills
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- Ground pepper to taste
- 8 large mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 1 large red bell pepper, cored, seeded, cut in chunks
- 1 large yellow pepper, cored, seeded, cut in chunks
- 1 large green pepper, cored, seeded, cut in chunks
- 1 small red onion, cut in chunks
Test Kitchen Tips:
- Mix marinade ingredients. Add vegetables.
- Cover, refrigerate and marinate 4 to 8 hours.
- Thread vegetables onto skewers; place on grill.
- Grill 8 to 12 minutes, turning occasionally.
Serves: 4 to 6
- Use a non-metal dish for marinating. Most marinades contain acidic ingredients, such as vinegar or lemon juice, which react with metal causing off flavors and possibly damaging the container.
- Be creative with vegetables. Try yellow squash, zucchini, broccoli, or cherry tomatoes. There's no need to be limited to white button mushrooms. Choose from a variety such as Portabella, Crimini and Shiitake mushrooms.