Monkee Face Banana Cupcakes
Course: Kid Friendly, Desserts
Products: Stand Mixers, Hand Mixers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Stand Mixer, Hand Mixer
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 container (16 oz.) dark chocolate ready-to-spread frosting
- 1 container (16 oz.) milk chocolate frosting ready-to-spread frosting
- 28 mini chocolate sandwich cookies
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line muffin tins with paper or foil liners.
- In a large bowl, add butter and sugar. Beat until pale yellow and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Add vanilla and milk. Beat until blended
- Add flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Beat until blended.
- Stir in mini chocolate chips.
- Fill baking cups 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool.
- Reserve 1/2 cup dark chocolate frosting for eyes, nose and mouth. Frost cupcakes with remaining chocolate frosting.
- Add swirls of milk chocolate frosting for face.
- Pipe dark chocolate frosting dots for eyes, nose and mouth.
- Insert mini chocolate sandwich cookies for ears.