Orange Pineapple Cake
Course: Desserts, Kid Friendly
Products: Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
Yield: 12 Servings
- 1 box (18&1/4 oz.) yellow cake mix
- 4 eggs
- 1 can (11 oz.) can mandarin oranges, undrained
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 can (15&1/4 oz.) crushed pineapple, undrained
- 1 box (1 oz.) vanilla sugar-free instant pudding
- 1 container (12 oz.) frozen light whipped topping, thawed
- In a large bowl, combine cake mix, eggs, oranges, and oil at LOW speed until blended then at MEDIUM speed for 3 minutes.
- Divide batter into two greased and floured 9-inch round cake pans. Bake 45 minutes at 325°F. Let cake cool on wire racks.
- To make icing, in a medium bowl, beat pineapple, pudding, and whipped topping mix at LOW speed for 3 minutes. Ice cooled cake. Store cake in the refrigerator.
Cake flavor is enhanced if left overnight in the refrigerator.