Potato Leek Soup
Course: Soups, Stews and Chili
Products: Food Processors
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 3 to 4 leeks
- 8 oz. bacon, cut in 1/2-inch pieces
- 8 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Using slicer/shredder disc of food processor, slicing side up, slice potatoes. Place in a large mixing bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside.
- To clean leeks, place in a colander and toss gently under running water. Trim both root and leaf ends and thinly slice.
- In stove-top safe slow cooker vessel or frying pan over medium-high heat, cook bacon until crisp. Add leeks and cook 2 minutes.
- Whisk together water, milk. flour, salt and pepper. Add to slow cooker. Drain potatoes and add to slow cooker.
- Place stove-top safe vessel in slow cooker. Cover slow cooker and cook on HIGH 3 to 4 hours or LOW for 5 to 6 hours.