Course: Desserts, Kid Friendly
Products: Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
Yield: 1 Cake
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 3 cups flour
- In a large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar on MEDIUM speed.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat thoroughly after each addition.
- Add vanilla and almond extract and continue mixing.
- Reduce speed to LOW and alternately add cream and flour.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch tube pan. Bake for about 1 hour and 20 minutes at 325°F, or until tests done.