Free Shipping on Orders $75+
Find a Recipe

Apple Butter

Apple Butter


  • 8 large Granny Smith apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
  • 2 24 oz. jars unsweetened apple sauce
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 3 tsp ground cinnamon
  • 1 tsp honey
  • 1/2 tsp ground nutmeg
  • 1/4  tsp ground cloves
  • Directions:

    1. Place apple sauce, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves in slow cooker crock.

    2. Add sliced apples and stir to mix.

    3. Cook on LOW for 12 hours or overnight.

    4. Remove cover of slow cooker and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or until liquid is reduced and apple butter thickens to desired consistency.

    5. Place about 1 cup apple butter in small jars.  Refrigerate.

    Servings: 128
    Yield: 8 cups

    Tip: To give Apple Butter as gifts, tie a ribbon around top of jars and package with a loaf of cinnamon raisin bread!

    Nutritional Info:
    Calories 19.55 • Calories From Fat (1%) 0.23 • Total Fat 0.03g <1% • Saturated Fat 0.01g <1% • Cholesterol 0mg 0% • Sodium 0.18mg <1% • Potassium 14.61mg <1% • Total Carbohydrates 5.1g 2% • Fiber 0.36g 1% • Sugar 4.59g • Protein 0.04g <1%

    Course: Dressings, Sauces, Marinades, Low-Fat

    Prep Time: 0-10 minutes

    Cook Time: 7+ hours

    Recommended Products: Slow Cookers

    All the latest from Hamilton Beach® direct to your inbox!

    Sign up to receive information on products, discounts, recipes, contests and sweepstakes.

    Sign Up

    Thank you for your interest in Hamilton Beach Brands, Inc. You will be receiving an opt-in confirmation email shortly.