Apple Ginger Compote with Toasted Walnuts
Course: Heart Healthy, Desserts
Products: Slow Cookers, Food Processors
- 6 Granny Smith apples, cored, sliced in food processor
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled, minced finely in food processor
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/3 cup chopped walnuts, toasted
- Gingersnap cookies, optional
- Place all ingredients except walnuts in slow cooker crock and stir to combine.
- Cook for 3 hours on HIGH or 5 hours on LOW.
- Stir and remove cinnamon sticks. Sprinkle with walnuts.
- Serve warm with gingersnap cookies, if desired.