Course: Quick and Easy, Desserts, Side Dishes
Products: Slow Cookers
- 6 large baking apples, Granny Smith or Golden Delicious
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar, divided
- 1/2 cup golden raisins
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter
- Core apples and peel about 1/2-inch around the top. Place in crock. Pour apple juice in bottom of crock around apples.
- In a small bowl, combine 1/2 cup brown sugar, raisins and cinnamon. Fill core of apples with brown sugar mixture until almost full.
- Add any remaining brown sugar mixture to apple juice in crock.
- Cut butter into 1 tablespoon-size pieces. Cut each piece in half and place in core of apples. Place remaining tablespoon of butter in bottom of crock with apple juice.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 4 1/2 to 5 hours or HIGH for 2 to 2 1/2 hours.
- To serve, stir mixture in bottom of crock and spoon over apples.