Baked Coconut Shrimp with Curried Chutney
Products: Toaster Ovens
- 1 cup chutney
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground curry
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 egg white
- 1 pound (16 to 20 count) extra jumbo shrimp
- Stir chutney, green onion, curry and crushed red pepper in small bowl until blended. Set aside.
- Preheat oven to 450°F. Spray a baking pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Combine flour and salt in a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add panko crumbs and coconut to bag. Seal and shake to combine.
- Beat egg white in a medium bowl until foamy.
- Dip one shrimp at a time into egg white.
- Place shrimp in crumb mixture and press mixture onto shrimp until well coated. Arrange in single layer in prepared baking pan.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes until crumbs are golden brown. Serve with chutney mixture. Garnish with cilantro.