Baked Ham with Honey Glaze
Course: Main Course
Products: Roaster Ovens
- 15 pound fully cooked smoked ham
- 2 cups water
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- Whole cloves
- Remove rack from roaster oven. Pour 2 cups of water into the insert pan, put the roaster cover on and preheat roaster oven to 325°F.
- Trim thick part of fat off of ham down to 1/4-inch. Score remaining layer of fat into diamond design; this will help hold the glaze. Insert whole cloves into each diamond.
- Place ham on rack then place in roaster and cover. Bake for 1 hour.
- While ham is cooking combine remaining ingredients to make glaze.
- Remove cover and spoon half of glaze over ham. Replace cover and bake 1 more hour.
- Remove cover and spoon remaining glaze over ham. Replace cover. Bake for 10 minutes to set glaze. Internal temperature of ham should be at least 140°F.