Cuban-Style Shredded Pork Panini
Products: Panini & Sandwich Grills, Slow Cookers
- 1/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon lime zest
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 5 pound boneless pork shoulder
- Cuban bread or sub rolls
- Yellow mustard
- Sliced Swiss cheese
- Sliced baked ham
- Dill pickles
- Combine juices, olive oil, zest, garlic and seasonings.
- Place pork in large resealable plastic bag. Pour marinade over pork and refrigerator several hours or overnight.
- Place roast in slow cooker crock.
- Cover and cook on HIGH 4 to 5 hours or LOW 7 to 8 hours. Remove pork to cutting board. Reserve juices in crock.
- Shred pork. Add to crock and stir to combine with juices.
- Preheat panini press.
- Spread rolls with mustard. Layer cheese, ham, shredded pork and pickles in roll.
- Place in panini press and grill until toasted.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: If your pork roast is packaged with a salt solution, reduce the amount of salt to 1/2 teaspoon.