Fried Oysters with Lime and Cilantro Avocado Sauce
Course: Appetizers, Main Course
Products: Blenders, Deep Fryers, Food Processors
Lime and Cilantro Avocado Sauce
- 8 sprigs cilantro
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 pints raw oysters, drained
- Vegetable oil for frying
- French baguette, sliced into 1/4-inch thick pieces
- Diced tomatoes, if desired
- Chopped Cilantro, if desired
- Creamy Coleslaw
For Lime and Cilantro Avocado Sauce
- Using S-blade, add cilantro and garlic clove food chopper bowl. Cover and pulse until finely minced.
- Add avocado, mayonnaise, lime juice, dried red pepper, salt and pepper. Pulse until mixture is well blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
Makes: about 3/4 cup
For Fried Oysters
- Heat deep fryer to 350°F.
- In large resealable plastic bag, add flour, cornmeal, salt, garlic powder and pepper. Seal bag and shake.
- Add half of the oysters to bag. Seal and shake until oysters are coated.
- Place a single layer of oysters in deep fryer basket. Carefully lower basket into hot oil and cook until golden brown,
about 2 to 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels. Repeat with remaining oysters.
- Top a bread slice with Lime and Cilantro Avocado Sauce, Creamy Coleslaw, two oysters and drizzle with sauce. Sprinkle with tomato and cilantro before serving.