Grilled Greek Turkey Burgers with Cucumber Sauce
Course: Main Course
Products: Outdoor Gas Grills
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Outdoor Grills
- 1 (16 ounce) container Greek plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup seeded, and chopped cucumber
- 2 Tablespoons chopped fresh dill
- 1 Tablespoon finely chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon dried mint leaves
- 1 pound ground turkey (97% lean)
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 pita bread
- Sliced tomato
- For Cucumber Sauce: Stir yogurt, cucumber, dill, 1 Tablespoon chopped onion and mint in a medium bowl. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Preheat grill to MEDIUM-HIGH heat or GRILL ZONE (ORANGE).
- Place turkey, feta cheese, 1/2 cup chopped onion, oregano, pepper and salt; form mixture into 4 burgers.
- Grill burgers covered 5 minutes on each side, until juices run clear and meat is no longer pink.
- Serve burgers in a pita pocket with Cucumber Sauce, lettuce and sliced tomato.