Grilled Shrimp With Herbed Feta Cheese and Brown Basmati Rice
Course: Main Course, Heart Healthy
Products: Indoor Grills, Food Processors
- 2 cups brown basmati rice
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tablespoons fresh oregano leaves, chopped
- 2 medium Roma tomatoes, diced
- 1 pound large raw shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 2 teaspoons extra virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- Limes wedges
- Preheat grill.
- Cook brown basmati rice, chicken broth and salt in rice cooker or following package directions. Keep warm.
- Combine crumbled feta cheese with chopped oregano.
- Stir tomatoes and half of feta oregano mixture into hot rice.
- Toss shrimp with olive oil and freshly ground pepper.
- Grill shrimp for 2 to 3 minutes or until pink. Do not overcook.
- To serve, top rice mixture with grilled shrimp and remaining feta and oregano mixture.
- Garnish with lime wedges.