Products: Deep Fryers
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 2/3 cups self-rising cornmeal mix
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil to 375°F in deep fryer.
- Beat buttermilk, egg and onion in large bowl until well blended.
- Stir in cornmeal mix, flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- With baskets lowered, drop mixture by rounded Tablespoonfuls into oil.
- Fry 4 to 6 minutes, turning once. Remove baskets to drain hush puppies.