Course: Main Course
Products: Food Processors
- 1 pound mozzarella cheese, chilled
- 1 pound mild Italian sausage
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion, peeled and cut in eighths
- 1 rib celery, cut in 2-inch pieces
- 1 jar (26 oz.) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 2.5 oz. Parmesan cheese, cut in 1/2-inch cubes (1/2 cup grated)
- 1 cup parsley sprigs
- 1 pound small curd cottage cheese
- 1 container (15 oz.) ricotta cheese
- 2 large eggs
- 12 lasagna noodles, uncooked
- Using slicer/shredder disc, with slicing blade up, slice mozzarella and set aside.
- Remove casings from sausage. In a large skillet or large, heavy saucepan over medium-high heat, cook and crumble sausage and ground beef.
- Using S-blade, with processor running, drop garlic through food chute and mince. Stop processor. Add onion and celery. Pulse until chopped then add to skillet. Cook until onion is soft.
- Place cooked meats and vegetables in large bowl. Add spaghetti sauce and tomato sauce. Stir to mix.
- Using S-blade, process Parmesan cheese on HIGH until finely grated, about 20 seconds. Add parsley to the Parmesan and process until chopped. Add cottage cheese, ricotta, and eggs and process until blended.
- In a 9x13-inch baking dish, layer meat sauce, noodles, cheese mixture, then mozzarella slices. Repeat layers. (Can be refrigerated at this time.)
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and bake at 350°F for 45 minutes. Remove foil and bake 15 to 30 minutes more.
- Let stand 10 minutes before cutting to serve.