Poached Pears with Blueberries
Course: Desserts, Side Dishes
Products: Slow Cookers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product:
- 4 fresh pears, peeled, cored and halved
- 1 Tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1 ½ cups 100% apple juice
- 1 Tablespoon packed brown sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Place pears in slow cooker. Pour lemon juice over pears.
- Combine apple juice, brown sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg; add to pears.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 hours or LOW for 3-4 hours.
- Add blueberries. Cover and cook 30 more minutes or until blueberries are warm.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 6 oz.)
• Calories: 120 • Total Fat: 0g • Saturated: 0g • Cholesterol: 0g • Sodium: 10mg
• Carbohydrates: 31g • Dietary Fiber: 4g • Sugars: 23g • Protein: 1g