Course: Soups, Stews and Chili
Products: Food Processors
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Food Processors
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled
- 3 to 4 leeks, both root and leaf ends trimmed
- 8 oz. bacon
- 2 quarts water
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons flour
- Using slicer/shredder disc, slicing side up, slice potatoes. Remove to large mixing bowl and cover with cold water. Set aside.
- To clean leeks, place in a colander and toss gently under running water. Slice.
- In a soup pot or Dutch oven, cook bacon until crisp. Remove bacon and set aside.
- Add the leeks to the bacon grease in the pot. Cook and stir occasionally over medium heat for about 10 minutes. Increase heat to high and add water, potatoes, salt, and pepper. Bring soup to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together milk with flour. Slowly stir milk mixture into simmering soup and simmer for 5 minutes. Garnish with crumbled bacon bits.