Course: Main Course, Kid Friendly
- 1 can (20 oz.) pineapple chunks in own juice, liquid reserved
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/3 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 medium green pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- Add reserved pineapple juice, brown sugar, ketchup, vinegar, soy sauce, cornstarch, garlic and ginger to slow cooker crock. Stir until cornstarch is dissolved.
- Stir in chicken, onion and peppers.
- Cover and cook for 1 1/2 hours on HIGH or 3 hours on LOW.