Baked Coconut Shrimp with Curried Chutney
Course: Main Course, Appetizers
Products: Toaster Ovens
- 1 cup chutney
- 2 Tablespoons sliced green onion
- 1/2 teaspoon ground curry
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 Tablespoons all pupose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup panko crumbs
- 3/4 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1 pound (18 tp 20 count) large shrimp
- 1 egg white
- Stir chutney, green onion, curry and crushed red pepper in small bowl until blended.
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine flour and salt to a large resealable plastic bag.
- Add panko crumbs and coconut to bag. Seal and shake to combine. Set aside.
- Beat egg whites in a medium bowl until foamy.
- Dip one shrimp at a time into egg whites.
- Place shrimp in crumb mixture and press mixture into shrimp until well coated. Repeat with remaining shrimp.
- Add shrimp to pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray.
- Bake 9 to 11 minutes until crumbs are golden brown.