Hearty Vegetable Soup Recipe - Find More Recipes for Slow Cookers from Proctor Silex
Hearty Vegetable Soup
Products: Slow Cookers
Yield: 6-8 Servings
- 2 lbs. lean stewing beef, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 large potatoes, diced
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and sliced
- 2 stalks celery, sliced
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon thyme
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (16 oz.) whole tomatoes
- 2 cups water
- Combine all ingredients in crock.
- Cover and cook on preferred setting: Low - 10 hours, Auto Shift - 7 hours High - 5 hours
Either purchase pre-cut stewing beef, or purchase 2 lbs. of beef chuck or bottom round and cut into 1-inch cubes. To make cutting easier, be sure to use a sharp knife.
If fresh parsley is available, use 1/3 cup of fresh, chopped parsley instead of 2 tablespoons of dried parsley flakes.