Key Lime Pie
Products: Food Processors
- 35 crisp ginger snap cookies
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Zest of 3 Key Limes(about 1 Tablespoon)
- 5 Tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large eggs
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 3/4 cup Key Lime juice(about 18 Key Limes)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine cookies, sugar and zest in food processor bowl.
- Pulse mixture until fine crumbs. Slowly add butter through feed tube and pulse until combined.
- Press crumbs into bottom and side of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Bake 10 minutes. Cool on wire rack while preparing the filling.
- Beat eggs until well blended and pale yellow.
- Stir in sweetened condensed milk, juice and sour cream. Beat until well blended.
- Pour into cooled pie crust.
- Bake 20 to 22 minutes or until set. Cool on wire rack for 1 hour and refrigerate for several hours or overnight.
- Add heavy cream, sugar and vanilla extract to a large bowl. Beat until soft peaks form.
- Pipe whipped cream over top of pie. Garnish with Key Lime zest, if desired.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: Substitute half lemon juice and half lime juice for the Key Lime juice.