Moroccan Spiced Lamb Stew
Course: Main Course, Soups, Stews and Chili
Products: Slow Cookers
Create a meal in a slow cooker that looks and tastes like it was prepared by a world-traveled chef.
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, halved, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 lbs. boneless lamb, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 8 carrots, peeled, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1 bag (6 oz.) dried apricots, chopped
- 2 cans (15.5 oz. each) chicken broth
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- Heat olive oil in stovetop-safe slow cooker cookware over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic, cook 2 minutes. Remove to a bowl.
- Add half of the lamb; brown on all sides. Remove to bowl. Repeat with remaining lamb.
- Add remaining ingredients; stir until well blended.
- Cover and cook on HIGH for 4 hours or LOW for 8 hours.