Red, White and Blue Trifle
Products: Stand Mixers, Hand Mixers
- 1 (10.75 ounce)package pound cake
- 1/2 cup almond flavored liqueur
- 1 cup strawberry jam
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 (16 ounce) package strawberries
- 1 (16 ounce) package blueberries
- Cut pound cake
horizontally into three layers; brush both sides of each layer with liqueur.
- Divide and spread jam on top of bottom and middle pound cake layers. Stack layers and cut into 12 slices. Cut each slice in half.
- Line the bottom and side of trifle bowl with pound cake slices. Top with half of the strawberries and blueberries.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat heavy cream, sugar and vanilla until soft peaks form. Spread half of the whipped cream over fruit in bowl.
- Set aside strawberries and blueberries for garnish. Top with remaining fruit and whipped cram. Garnish with remaining fruit.
- Cover and refrigerate 4 hours or overnight. Refrigerate any leftovers.