Spicy Chili Chicken Wings
Course: Appetizers, Main Course
Products: Indoor Grills
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Grills
- 3 to 3 1/2 pounds chicken wings (about 15 to 18 wings)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon peeled and grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon hot chili powder or cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
: 2 to 4 hours
Serves: 4 main dishes or 8 to 10 appetizers
- Rinse the chicken wings under cold running water and pat dry with paper towels. Cut off the wing tips at the joints and discard the tips. (Or wrap and freeze tips to use later to add flavor to canned or homemade soups and stocks.)
- Combine all the remaining ingredients in a large, resealable plastic bag or mixing bowl, blending them well.
- Add the chicken wings; toss well to coat the wings in the oil-spice mixture. Seal the bag, pressing out any air, or cover the bowl; refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Place the wings on the grill. Grill for 25 to 30 minutes or until done, turning with tongs every 10 minutes to prevent burning and to ensure even cooking. To test for doneness, cut into the thickest part of the wing, the meat should be white, with no trace of pink and the juices should run clear.