Spring Bloom Cupcakes
Products: Hand Mixers, Stand Mixers
- 1/2 cup butter (softened)
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup milk
- Vanilla Buttercream Frosting
- Assorted food colors
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line muffin tins with baking cups.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set mixture aside.
- In a large bowl, add the butter and sugar. Beat until they are pale yellow and fluffy, then add eggs one at a time until blended.
- Add vanilla, flour mixture and milk. Beat until just combined.
- Fill baking cups 2/3 to 3/4 full.
- Bake for 15 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of cupcake comes out clean. Cool.
- Prepare Vanilla Buttercream Frosting. Divide frosting into 4 small bowls. Using food colors, tint frosting.
- Use large round tip to make swirls in pink, blue or yellow to make the flower. Use a leaf tip to add leaves in green frosting.
- To make grass, use a small round tip and green frosting. Squeeze decorating bag until a round ball forms, then release pressure from decorating bag and pull up quickly to create pointed ends.