- Season chicken pieces with salt and pepper.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of olive oil over medium-high heat in large skillet (or stovetop safe slow cooker vessel).
- Brown seasoned chicken well on all sides, in batches if necessary.
- Remove chicken from cookware and set aside.
- Add remaining olive oil to cookware and cook chopped onion until soft, about 3 minutes.
- Transfer onion mixture to slow cooker vessel and place on slow cooker base (or simply transfer stovetop slow cooker vessel to base). Add chicken back to cookware with onion. Pour pasta sauce over chicken. Cook on HIGH for 4 hours, LOW for 8 hours.
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Serve chicken and sauce with pasta.
Nutritional Information: (Based on Individual Serving: 10 oz.) Calories: 290 • Total Fat 3.5 g • Saturated 0.5 g • Cholesterol 70 g • Sodium 470 mg • Carbohydrates 30 g • Dietary Fiber 1 g • Sugars 6 g • Protein 33 g