Course: Sandwiches, Main Course
Products: Slow Cookers
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: 5 quart Slow Cooker, 6 quart Slow Cooker
- 5 1/2 lbs boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 1/2 cups onion, chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon fresh garlic, minced
- 2 cups ketchup
- 1/2 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
1. Cut beef into 4-inch chunks. Place in crock.
2. Combine remaining ingredients and pour over beef. Stir to thoroughly coat beef chunks. Cover. Cook on LOW 8 hours or HIGH 4 to 5 hours.
3. Remove beef and shred meat. Discard any fat. Place the remaining sauce from crock into blender and puree. Use caution when blending hot liquids.
4. Serve meat on hamburger buns and spoon on extra sauce as desired.
TEST KITCHEN TIP: Try wrapping this meat into tortillas or putting it into pita pockets for a different barbeque twist!
Visit www.foodsafety.gov for more information on safe internal cooking temperatures.