Course: Kid Friendly, Drinks and Coffee Drinks
Recommended Hamilton Beach® Product: Aguas Frescas Blender
- 1 cup raw almonds, soaked
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract, optional
- 1/4 cup sugar, or to taste
Preparation: Place the almonds in a bowl and pour in enough boiling water to cover the almonds. Cover bowl and place in refrigerator overnight, (6-8 hours). Strain the water from almonds and rinse.
1. Place the Strainer Basket into the blender jar and press firmly into place.
2. Place water in basket with one cup of soaked almonds.
3. Cover and blend until liquefied, about 1 minute.
4. Add sugar and vanilla. Pulse until sugar is completely dissolved.
5. With lid and strainer basket in place, pour into ice-filled glass or pour into pitcher and chill.
Will last in the refrigerator for about 3-5 days. Shake well before using.
Note: For blending in traditional blenders, blend until liquefied, then strain out pulp and seeds using a soup strainer into a pitcher.